Maimonides Leaders Fellowship
- Maximize your success for life
- Learn the secrets of how to overcome obstacles in your relationships
- Make new friends
- Enjoy delicious dinners (it’s way better than the dining hall!)
- Tuesdays 8:00-10:00 pm
- Starts Tues Oct 3
- $300 stipend upon completion
The Maimonides Leaders Fellowship provides the most promising Jewish students on leading U.S. campuses with a unique opportunity to maximize your ability to succeed in college, relationships and life with ten seminars that reveal the timeless secrets of ancient wisdom and two unforgettable weekend retreats with 40 – 50 rutgers students. Past retreats have featured speakers such as Hollywood screenwriter David Weiss (Shrek 2, Rugrats, Smurfs, etc).
Maimonides is not like Hebrew School. It is an interactive, vibrant, relevant exploration of how Jewish wisdom can make each student more inspired, passionate and successful. The weekly seminars provide an opportunity to step away from the stresses of student life and learn how to maximize your success in life, relationships, school and the workplace, in a warm, safe and open environment. You will hear from some of the most dynamic speakers on the Jewish circuit and meet fascinating Jewish leaders.
You will also have the opportunity to develop friendships that last a lifetime during the seminars and on the retreats.
Tentative Fall Schedule ’17
Tuesday evenings from 8 -10 PM. Dinner at 7:45
Starting 10/3 through 12/5
Graduation on 12/10
Classes will be held at the Alexander Library, Pane Room, 169 College Ave.
7:45 – 8 Dinner
8 – 8:50 PM – Discussion led by RJX Staff
8:50 – 9 PM – Refreshments and Break
9 – 10 PM – Guest Lecturer
Shabbaton Retreat Schedule:
Fri – Sat Oct 20 – 21 in Far Rockaway, NY
Fri – Sat Nov 17 – 18 in Highland Park/Edison, NJ
There will be a make up Shabbaton for students who cannot attend a Shabbaton on one of these dates.
Students are required to complete 2 shabbatons in order to graduate.
Fellows are asked to arrive one hour before candle lighting (sundown).
Transportation will be provided, and excusal notes for missed classes will be given upon request.
(We are a recognized campus chaplaincy.)
- Love: Successful relationships keep growing and never go stale. Learn the Jewish secrets to making that happen.
- The Five Levels of Pleasure: What are the hierarchies of pleasure and what motivates us in life? What does ancient wisdom teach us that we often overlook today?
- Suffering: Why do bad things happen to good people? Find out the secrets of dealing with pain and harnessing it to be your greatest asset.
- Friendship: As great as you are, a full vibrant life requires healthy relationships. Discover relationship keys, and how to maintain both your friends and your independence.
- The Big Questions: What are we here for? What’s the deal with G-d? Where do right and wrong come from? Explore the big questions in life, because these questions are the most essential ones you’ll ask.